Friday, April 9, 2010

Chain Gang

As much as I love floral prints, delicate fabrics and feminine colors I don't want to look too cute as much as a second grader. I would prefer toughening up my attire by adding simple accessories which will balance by delicate pieces. I don't want to look too masculine either, that is why I love to incorporate few small additions which would make it look like a good balance. Right now I am too overwhelmed by studs and need a bit of change. This is making me turn towards the chains starting for the channel inspired jackets to Anklet pumps and chain headbands. These are the pieces I really want to play with. What's your go to trend to make it look Androgynous? Studs or chains?





$89 [Nine West]        $345 [Stuart Weitzman]



27 comments:

  1. I personally love the chain look, more than studs. I've been looking to buy, or make a multiple chain necklace tied together with a bow. Its the perfect mix of toughness and softness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer chains to studs, although I do love both. I also like using tailored clothing and leather to toughen up an outfit.

    S
    http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice outfit composition. :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, think I'll wear those glasses all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would prefer chain and love that nude top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the chains on the shoes. Sexy accessory. i have some sandals that have pearls and coral beads super cute. i want me a pair with linked chains maybe you can DIY even :)
    xo
    Happy Friday
    http://fashionsnotaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree completely. I think the floral print is cute.. but too girlie for me so I like adding some toughness too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both and totally agree that I like to have a balacne between feminine and edgy. That Michael Kors watch you posted is ridiculous! I've never seen it before and I'm in love. I have the gold one with the diamonds already, but I might need that one too! Hope you ahve a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shoe chains....they are the perfect way to edge-up a perfectly boring outfit!

    www.callmestylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had second thoughts of chains pairing with clothing but some pieces really do pull it off.

    Follow: www.jmtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore the dress in the watch in the last collage
    p.s - do you mean under the hat- haha yes thats me.
    hope youre having an wonderful weekend.

    xx ediot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for ur comments on my blog!! reg. mixing florals with pattern - it is not a fashion risk ( I should have not have written that since clothes are all abt having fun!!) but has to be done just right. Personally, since I am not that creative, I will look like Lady Gaga with a bit of Mughda Godse throw in-)

    U go for it, girl and do post the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chains on those shoes you posted! I think I'm getting more into chains than studs right now too - you can only stud so many things until you get sick of it, lol!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love either chains or studs ... love both the shoe pictures you posted!

    Glad I found your blog... I'm your newest follower!

    http://www.catherinesblogland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them both, but have been wearing chains for years before the whole studs phenomenon appeared on the scene. Love them both equally though so theres no way I could choose!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool post!
    It would be really nice to wear those red shoes with red lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I want to see you wear the Garden blouse! :)



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think chains are VERY cool. Love that watch! And those Nine West heels are fab as well.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i agree, chains are definitely an great way to toughen up a feminine look. loving those shoes! thx again for dropping by my blog!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing edit, love the chain bracelet and love the pink dress, so S/S! Your blog is great, definitely be back! come follow TBAG if you fancy, love xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love chains! Very nice collection (obviously I adore that watch :) XXX

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Second grader.. ha! I completely agree. Love the nine west shoes!! Great chains.


    La Stylin Girraffe

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Stuart Weitzman's shoe is so exquisite. I can imagine it on my feet with an alluring brown dress. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the shoes from Stuart W!

    www.myfloorisred.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both! and I love your choices here, especially the shoes.

    ReplyDelete